Thursday, June 6, 2013

Anything but a Lazy Mountain

View from the top of Lazy Mountain
I finally made my way back up Lazy Mountain.  My friend, who I do a lot of my long runs with, regularly climbs Lazy with her kids, other friends, by herself and in the winter.  During our runs, we recount our latest adventures.  She tells me of hers, which always seem to include Lazy Mountain, and I off-handedly always say, "Yeah, I need to do that hike again sometime." 

The day to hike Lazy Mountain again finally did happen and who better to go with me than my running partner.  I dutifully followed her footsteps all 3,000 ft., calves aching and panting almost the entire way. 
As I scrambled over the last few boulders and made my official summit for the 2nd time in my life on Lazy Mountain, I was once again reminded that Lazy Mountain is anything but lazy. 

No comments: