Thursday, February 9, 2012

School Cancelled

I would like to say it was due to a big blizzard with 4 feet of snow overnight, but it never is that situation.  I predicted last night when I was driving home from Palmer in the rain that I would get the morning phone call cancelling school. For the last 8 miles, I saw only 3 other vehicles on the road, one a cop and two sanding truck.  I drove 20 miles an hour. In my nine years of teaching in Southcentral AK, icy roads are the most likely reason why school is cancelled. 

View out the window this morning
After I received my 3 phone calls at 5:45 a.m. (my principal and automated calls on my cell & house phone), I settled into a few extra hours of sleep.  When I woke up, it was surprisingly nice and even nicer when one doesn't have to head to work!

No comments: