Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drippy . . .

. . . wouldn't be as bad if I was working all day, but knowing my "free time" is limited, it's disappointing to wake up to this kind of weather.
A drippy morning view of  the Chugach Mountains
While we will get a break in the clouds, it hasn't been long enough for the deck boards to dry out and for a new coat of paint to dry. 
Last night, the clouds broke long enough to enjoy cake and the mountain views.
I did however manage to squeeze in a 24 hour dirtbike camping trip to Jim Creek with Gus and his three friends.  He'd been asking me to go and I've been looking at the forecast trying to find a decent weather window.  We decided on Tuesday.  While riding out there, the partly cloudy skies turned to grey and it started drizzling.  I'm thinking to myself, "Great, four kids and a soggy tent."  I figured if it got too bad we would go home.  That is the nice part about camping close to home.   
The Motorhead Camping Crew
 As it turned out the clouds broke up and the kids buzzed around until 11:30 p.m., goofed around in the tent for another 2 hours, and then slept hard until 10:30 the next morning.

We are the blue tent in the left hand corner.
I, on the other hand, listened to the local riff-raff buzz around until early morning light and then determined that quiet hours at Jim Creek don't start until 4:30 a.m. 

No comments: