Friday, July 23, 2010

The Butte

I woke up to low grey clouds and 52 degrees.  By midday when the weather changed to high grey clouds and 63 degrees, I figured it was time to do an activity that did not take place within 200 feet of the house.  I just finished up masking the windows and doors for the stain job that will take place tomorrow and leaving it all behind would feel good, as real life was getting in the way of my adventures.
Yesterday the boys agreed to hike up the Butte, an 833 ft. climb about a ten minute car ride from home.  After a little arranging and calling friends to join us, we were off.  The high cloud cover limited the mountain views, but it is Alaska and this summer we wouldn't do anything if we waited for the blue sky days.  Wyatt and his buddy scrambled up ahead of Gus and me.  When we reached the top we ate some popcorn and then all the boys raced down the trail, while our faithful dog Ollie stayed behind with me while I snapped photos of the bluebells.
 
I love the way her ear flops down . . . .
 

No comments: