Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Functional Cabin

On Sunday, Bryant and I finished the last step toward making the cabin functional for winter activities. We painted the OSB on the floor. While we still have to do the inside trim, paint the outside trim, put in some type of cooking area and a few other odds and ends that could take years, none of these jobs interfere with our ability to use it this winter. In between coats of paint, Bryant sighted in his new gun. Surprise, surprise, I decided to take a few more pictures of fall. Sphagnum moss bog

Highbush cranberries
Denali (Mt. McKinley) viewed from South Big Lake Rd. on the drive out to the property

1 comment:

Jill A said...

Your photos are beautiful. It makes me want to visit Alaska more than anything... And I can truly say that desire has struck me very few times. I happen to look for myself online and I occasionally find you. Strange how big, and yet how very small, our worlds can be.

Thank you for the blog. I do not know who you keep it for, but I think I will become a reader. (We are named the same, you and me...)