Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lost Lake Trail . . .


. . . . is no longer on the lost list.  William Edward Hickson says, “If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.”  Well, trying and trying again seemed to work for us.  Twice we brought our bikes down to Seward to bike the Lost Lake Trail and twice we returned with our mission unaccomplished.  I have a pretty clear memory of the bolt on my seat attached to the post breaking about 2/3 of the way up to Lost Lake.  And the next time, the details are unclear, but I know the bikes and us came back home after a weekend in Seward not ever coming close to Lost Lake.
 But we tried again, and I finally got to top of the trail via bike.  This was a trail I backpack on when I first came up here and I remember the weather being horrible as in not being able to see 5 feet in front of myself because the fog was so thick.  So, it was definitely one of those places I was happy to finally revisit and enjoy the spectacular views the area offers. We started from the trailhead closest to Seward and instead of riding all the way down into the steep sections of the Primrose campground, we turned around for "one of the best down hills ever."   
I have many happy and soggy memories of Seward both in the campground and from during the time when we had the boat in the harbor.  So it wasn't surprising at all when our sunny Saturday skies turned drippy over night, but at least we left Seward knowing that we found Lost Lake. 

For a few more pictures of the Lost Lake Trail: 
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108360286648812110649/albums/6140424956184501457

No comments: