Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Mountains are Closer

The new camera Santa sent my way brings the mountains outside my window much closer, and I thoroughly enjoy playing with it. I think I will like my new toy much more than Bryant will his, which is a new snowblower. We went over to the property a few days after Christmas to show Autumn, Bryant's daughter, what we've been up to and realized that if we have any intention of finishing it anytime soon clearing the driveway becomes a top priority. Seeing as we haven't been there since before Thanksgiving, the snow was about 1 1/2 feet deep - too deep for our 4-wheeler plow and a little too time consuming for the people power shoveler. A snowblower made the most sense, so we returned a few days later with a snowblower. When the temperatures are 27 degrees below zero, machines don't work too well, even new snowblowers. We ended up bringing a canvas tarp, draping it over the snowblower, adding a propane buddy heater and after about 15 minutes the snowblower started. And about 2 hours later, Bryant's job with his new toy was complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your toy does seem a little bit more fun than Bryant's I think he might need a redo. What kind of camera did you get?