Sunday, August 24, 2008

Staying Home on Saturday Night

I have not spent a Saturday night at my house since the weekend before Memorial Day . . . . and other than my trip south for 3 weeks, all those Saturday nights were spent on the boat. Being gone on Saturday nights in nothing new to us, but usually we divide our time between boating and other weekend adventures where we are camping. This summer has definitely been more focused. This weekend we stayed home to catch up on house chores and make the annual pilgrimage to the Alaska State Fair. As usual, the fair wasn't super exciting, a lot of people dodging and overpriced food, which I did have to sample. The kids had fun. I was too cheap to buy Tracy Lawrence tickets, but I sat outside the gates and listened to his concert, while the kids waited in line for rides. In the evening, there was the best firework show I have ever seen. Three times I thought they were shooting of the grand finale and two times I was wrong. Target, who will open 2 stores up here in October, sponsored this event.

I was also able to catch up on the lawn . . . the never ending lawn. It is especially hard to keep up with it when I work during the day. The kids started school on Monday and I started the Wednesday before. Oh well, at least tomorrow I have a clean house to wake up to. I guess there is something to be said for just staying put once in awhile.

No comments: